Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Magic of Animoto

After taking the time to watch many different Animoto projects, I finally came up with a video that I'm very excited to show my students.  But before I introduce my Animoto to the blogging world, I would like to point out a great Animoto that I discovered on The Life of a Civil War Soldier.  The way that Elena was able to incorporate all of the necessary information about the life of a Civil War soldier was incredible!  Make sure to check it out!

With so much to offer, I just couldn't wait to put together some videos using Animoto.  So clearly, I did just that.  Using the many pictures that I have saved on my computer, I put together my very first Animoto...one that showcased my Parent's 25th Anniversary Party. As easy as it was, I had caught the Animoto Bug!

With the Fairy Tale Unit starting in a few short weeks, this Animoto will be a great way to introduce my students to the elements of Fairy Tales.  Although this is just a basic overview of the elements, I feel that my students will truly enjoy it.  Actually, creating an Animoto dedicated to each element of Fairy Tales might not be a bad idea :)

So...here it is.  Let me know what you think!




3 comments:

  1. Nada, you will absolutely delight your second graders with this Animoto! The background effects, colors, music, and graphics are a perfect hook to your fairy tale unit. How will you situate this video within your instruction? Will the kiddos share their responses to the video and/or discuss fairy tales they've already read? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone just shared this video on Twitter. It centers on fairytales and uses her own children. You might consider something like this in your teaching or for the upcoming digital story project:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xosUqIZWpBQ&feature=youtu.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nada, that was really well done! I love the background and the song you picked. Did you upload the song yourself or was it part of Animoto? Really great job!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete