Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

The History of Canton, Connecticut

Since the next topic in our Social Studies unit will be on the History of Canton, I figured it would be very fitting to create a video to introduce my students to the History of Canton, Connecticut.  I'm very happy with the way my digital story came out, and I can't wait to show it to my students!! Let me know what you think!
                                                                                                        

4 comments:

  1. Nada, you should figure out a way to give your digital story to the historic society or similar organization in Canton. Great job: careful narration, great photos, just the right music. Be sure to add your name to the credits at then end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nada you just gave me a good idea for a class I teach each fall. The first month or so involves students reading "The Killer Angels" and studying the Battle of Gettysburg. I could have students work on compiling a video project on the residents of their city/town who went off to fight in the Civil War. Each town has a Civil War monument usually located on the Town Green where the names of those from the town who participated in the conflagraion are listed. They could produce a video on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nada, this video was really well done! I'm sure it will be engaging for your students to learn about the history of Canton in a video than to solely read about it from a text. It will be neat for them to see these images in a video too that they've seen personally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, I thought I already knew a lot about Canton! This video was FABULOUS! The pictures you chose are gorgeous and the music, narration, and pacing make for a highly engaging presentation. Your kiddos are going to eat this up! Well done!

    ReplyDelete